- Information We Collect
1.1 Information We Collect and Receive. In order for you to use our Site and Services, we need to collect and process certain types of information. Depending on your use of our Site and Services, this may include:
• Information you provide to us by completing forms on our website: For example, your name, contact, and address information, and any other information you may provide in the forms on our Site or in using our Services;
• Information you provide to us by contacting us: Any personal information you may provide to us when you email or call us, such as name, phone number, employer, and any other details you provide in your communications. Healers may also request your contact information for the purposes of having someone contact you for additional information, or in response to your request for information from us;
• Transaction information when you purchase Services from us: For example, if you make purchases with your credit card, your credit card information will be used either by us or a third-party vendor for billing and credit card validation purposes;
• Login information, such as username and password, that you may use in connection with our Site or Services;
• Information about the ways you visit and interact with our Site or Services, such as traffic analytics, geolocation information, and other statistics; and
• Information about your activity through our Site or Services, including your device information (e.g., your IP address, the type of device or browser you use, and your actions on the Site).
We will only use personal information to provide you with information or services you have requested, or for other purposes set out in this Policy. Personal information does not include aggregate information from which individual identities have been removed.
1.2 Information from Children. Healers does not knowingly solicit or collect any personal information from anyone under 18 years of age, and children under 18 are not permitted to register for or use our Site or Services, including by subscribing to receive information from Healers. Parents can contact our customer service department to access, change, or delete the personal information that has been submitted by a child. If we become aware that a child under the age of 18 has provided us with personal information, we will delete it.
- How We Use Information
Healers may use the personal information we collect for the following purposes:
• To allow you to log into and access your account;
• To deliver our Services and allow access to certain portions of our Site;
• To provide customer service and support services;
• To process any financial transactions you make on our Site or for the Services;
• To keep your information secure, and to be able to verify your identity and contact information;
• To alert you about product updates, special offers, updated information and other news and services from Healers;
• To ensure our Site and Services are relevant to you and your interests;
• To help us create and publish content most relevant to you; and
• To contact you in response to questions or comments received at our Contact Us email address at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How Information May Be Shared
Healers will never sell or rent any of your personal information, and we will never share your personal information publicly without your consent. However, we may share your information with certain trusted third-party services to help us provide, improve, promote, or protect our Site and Services. For example, we may partner with other companies to process your payments or store your information to support delivery of our Services. Whenever we share data with third-party vendors or services, we require that they use your information only for the purposes we’ve authorized, and that they protect your personal information at least to the same standards we do.
We also reserve the right to disclose personal information when it is reasonably necessary to conduct business, protect Healers’ legal rights and property, and to comply with the law or law enforcement requests. Other than the foregoing, your personal information is not shared with any individual or other organization.
- Protection of your Personal Information
We take the security of your personal information seriously, and follow industry-standard practices to protect the data we collect and process. Healers has therefore put in place commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information that Healers collects. Access to personal information will be restricted to our authorized personnel who require the information in order to perform their duties properly. In addition, access will be limited to only that information that is strictly necessary for the performance of those duties.
Remember, the safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have chosen, or where we have given you a user name and password for access to certain parts of the Site or Services, you are responsible for keeping the user name and password confidential. No method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is completely secure, so Healers cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- Data Transfers
- European Union Residents
Data protection law in Europe requires a “lawful basis” for collecting and retaining personal information from residents of the European Economic Area. Our lawful bases include:
• Performing the contract we have with you: In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligation to deliver our Services, and assist with any questions you may have.
• Consent: we may ask your consent to process your personal information in some situations.
• Legal compliance: Sometimes the law says we need to collect and use your data.
• Legitimate interests: This is a term in data protection law that allows us to process your personal information if we have a fair reason to use your data, and only if we do so in ways which do not hurt your interests and rights. We sometimes require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in running our business, including for delivering our Services, fraud prevention, quality assurance, and marketing purposes, as long as our use of your data does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests. This allows us to improve and develop the quality of the online experience we offer all our users.
- Email Notifications
We try to keep email communications to a minimum, and give you the ability to opt in to any marketing communications we send. For example, we may send you email relating to the Services we offer. You may also elect to receive certain marketing email communications, in accordance with your preferences. You can always opt out of receiving email information or mobile device notifications from Healers (other than communications informing you of the completion of a purchase, user registration, correction of user data, or change of password) by logging into the Site at healerswanted.com/members and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile, or by sending us an email at email@example.com stating your request. If we have sent you a promotional email or mobile device notification, you may send us a return email or mobile device communication asking to be omitted from future email or mobile device distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to Healers as a result of a purchase of the Services, service experience, or other transactions.
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary to perform the relevant processing activity for that information. This is a case by case determination that depends on things like the nature of the data, why it is collected, why it is processed, and any relevant legal or operational retention needs. For example, we may retain your data for as long as you maintain an account on our Site or continue to use our Site so that we may process your purchases and provide access to the Services. We may also be legally required to hold some types of information to fulfill our legal obligations. We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. When the relevant processing activity has been completed, we may destroy your data, or alternatively anonymize the data in such a way that you are not personally identifiable, either directly or indirectly.
- Control of your Information
Users or Site visitors residing in certain countries, such as the EU, are afforded certain rights regarding their personal information. Except where an exception or exemption applies, these rights may include the ability to access, correct, and/or request deletion of your personal information. While these rights are not globally applicable, our customers are entitled to access the personal information that we hold about them. You can review the personal data you have provided us by accessing your account settings on our Site at healerswanted.com/members. To ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete, and up to date, update your account profile on our Site, or contact us through the email address below regarding any errors or updates affecting the personal information that we may hold. To delete the personal information you’ve provided to us, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org requesting termination and/or deletion of your account. You must also delete all disks using the command line interface, and pay for all outstanding usage fees, before your account can be fully deleted.
You may also send us an email us at the above email address to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that we hold about you. To protect your privacy and security, Healers may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to, correcting, or deleting data. We will generally respond to your request for information within thirty days, unless, for reasons beyond our control, a longer response time is necessary, in which case, you will be advised accordingly. Please note that we may retain certain information as required by law or as necessary for our legitimate business purposes.
- Questions, Comments, or Complaints
Healers strives to satisfy our customers’ and visitors’ privacy concerns. However, if you have contacted Healers about your issue and are still unhappy with our response, and if you are also a resident of the European Economic Area, subject to applicable law, you may also have the right to object to Healers’ use of your personal information, and to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority. More information is available here.
2. Who We Are
This website is operated by BeautyBets Incorporated, doing business as Healers, and its owners, affiliates, agents, representatives, consultants, employees, officers, and directors (collectively, “Healers,” “we,” or “us”). Healers provides general information, videos, podcasts, and other content in the field of self-improvement, beauty, and health related issues. For more information visit our About Us page.
3. Our Website
4. What Cookies Are
A cookie is a small file that is placed onto your device (e.g., computer, smartphone or other electronic device) that stores information when you visit a website. Pixel tags (also called web beacons, clear gifs, or tags) are a similar technology that consists of small images or snippets of code that can help the website owners learn how you interact with websites and emails.
• Recognize you whenever you visit this Site (this speeds up your access to the Site as you do not have to log in each time);
• Support security and authentication features on our Site;
• Obtain information about your preferences and use of our Site;
• Carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content, products, and services, and to help us better understand our users’ requirements;
• Improve the speed, performance, access, navigation to or of our Site or services;
• Make your online experience more enjoyable and efficient;
• Keep track of your subscriptions orders and take you through the checkout process; and
• Allow third-party service providers to assist us in providing services or our software, such as processing credit card payments.
6. Types of Cookies
The cookies we place on your device fall into one of the following two categories:
• Session cookies: these allow our Site to link your actions during a particular browser session. These expire each time you close your browser and do not remain on your device afterwards.
• Persistent cookies: these are stored on your device in between browser sessions. These allow your preferences or actions across our Site to be remembered. These will remain on your device until they expire, or you delete them from your cache.
The cookies that we place on your device may also be:
• Strictly necessary cookies: these cookies are essential for you to be able to navigate our Site and use its features. Without these cookies, the services you have asked for could not be provided.
• Performance cookies: these cookies collect information about how you use our Site, for example, which pages you go to most often. These cookies do not collect personally identifiable information about you. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and anonymous, and is only used to improve how our Site works.
• Functionality cookies: these cookies allow our Site to remember the choices you make (such as your user name, language, last action and search preferences) and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information collected by these cookies is anonymous and cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
You can opt-out of online behavioral advertising cookies and similar technologies by using the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Choice Tool available here, or if located in the European Union you can make your choices here. Please note you may continue to receive generic ads.
7. Controlling Cookies
Your browser may give you the ability to control some types of cookies. If you do not want to accept the kinds of cookies you can control, you can change your browser settings so that certain types of cookies are not accepted. To control flash cookies, which cannot be disabled through your browser, please go to: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html.
If you turn off any cookies, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of this Site. For more information about cookies and how to disable them please check one or more of the following resources:
9. How to Contact Us
10. Our Do Not Track Policy
Certain browsers have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you over time and across websites. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals. If you block cookies, certain features on our sites may not work. If you block or reject cookies, not all of the tracking described here will stop. Many of these options are specific to your device or browser.
11. Changes to This Policy