What is Chakra Balancing?
Chakra healing is a technique used to align the energy centers of your body. The seven chakras make up the energetic wheel through which your life force circulates—and when one of them is blocked, you can feel stuck and stagnant, both emotionally and physically.
Balancing Chakras Benefits
The circulation of energy in each chakra influences your physical as well as your mental well-being, including negative patterns, recurring emotional issues or ongoing physical ailments. The benefits of chakra balancing can be varied and far-reaching, helping solve a range of issues that can come with blocked chakras, like:
- Lack of connection
- Anxiety and depression
- Fear and confusion
- Lack of clarity
- Headaches, sinus or vision issues
- Inability to express yourself or communicate your needs
- Thyroid issues
- Ongoing throat issues
- TMJ and jaw pain
- Lack of self-control
- Lack of self-love and compassion
- Digestive issues
- Sexual and reproductive issues
- Hip and lower back pain
- Feelings of instability or worry
How to Balance Chakras
Balancing your chakras helps create a healthy energy flow throughout your body. Working with an energy healer to identify where your energy might be blocked can be a key component, especially if you’re struggling with ongoing symptoms. A practitioner who balances and clears chakras might use a number of techniques to help your body realign, like:
- Chakra balancing meditation: Visualization and meditation techniques can target specific chakra blockages, helping to alleviate physical and emotional symptoms.
- Chakra balancing yoga: Much like sweating it out can help release anxiety or stress, yoga focused on increasing energy flow between your chakras can help your body get back in balance.
- Chakra balancing stones: Crystals are another tool that healers may use (or you can use in your own practice) to help clear and balance chakras. Different crystals can support certain chakras, aligning with the type of energy each chakra emits. Crystals or gemstones might be placed near or on their corresponding chakra, to revitalize, clear and heal.
How Does Chakra Balancing Work?
Utilizing the power of chakras is a little like tapping into the well of wisdom that your body holds. Each chakra vibrates or spins at a particular frequency that impacts specific biological processes and organ systems in your body. Balancing that frequency helps open up the areas that feel stuck, which could result in a range of emotional or physical symptoms.
What to Expect Before, During and After Chakra Balancing
It’s a popular idea that you can get a chakra balance test, but most chakra healers will help diagnose where you’re blocked by doing hands-on energy readings and by listening to your emotional, physical and psychological patterns.
Before a Chakra Balancing Session: Choose a clean, loose-fitting and comfy outfit for your session. Prepare to talk about your physical and emotional symptoms and where you feel stuck.
During a Chakra Balancing Session: You might work with a chakra balancing healer for between 20 and 120 minutes. Expect to both speak about recurring patterns in your life, and to have some visualization and hands-on experiences during your session.
After a Chakra Balancing Session: Each session is unique and depending on what areas of your emotional and physical body you work on, you could feel lighter, more energized or more grounded after a session. You might even feel immediate change in your symptoms of pain or discomfort. Other times you might notice patterns in your life changing and evolving over days and weeks. Be open to it all!
Where Can I Get My Chakras Balanced?
Do I need to look for chakra healing near me? You don’t! Because chakra balancing relies on universal energy, healers can do their work at a distance.
How to find Distance Chakra Balancing
Many types of healers will have experience with chakra balancing, since it’s part of the energy healing treatment. That means it’s incredibly important that you vibe with the practitioner you’re working with. Trust your intuition and ask for a consult or a quick chat with a healer before scheduling a full session. You may also find that a Reiki practitioner is skilled at chakra clearing—ask if it could be included in your Reiki session!