What is Astrology?
Astrology is a practice that utilizes the placement of fixed stars, the Sun, the Moon and the planets within 12 sections of the sky—the signs of the zodiac—to interpret and provide insight into earthly and human events. An understanding based on the observation and interpretation of these celestial bodies can help determine global and individual trends, and illuminate patterns in your past, present and future.
It’s more than just your monthly horoscope! Astrology healing takes into account the type of energy associated with each sign of the zodiac. It can help identify areas of your emotional, physical or psychological state that might feel stuck, and can provide guidance in decision making.
Benefits of Healing Through Astrology
Astrology provides insight into the depths of your personality and soul that you might not access elsewhere. Because it can provide a more complete picture of your past, present and future, astrology can be beneficial in both personal and business settings. Astrology can help you:
- Apply what’s happening up there to your life down here
- Work with the month’s planetary energies to embrace the current happenings, instead of fighting them, allowing you to find flow within yourself and the Universe
- Understand the cosmic invitations of this time
- Move through each day and month with more awareness, consciousness and compassion
- Identify your weaknesses and create a plan to bolster them
- Provide insight in your career path
- Improve your relationships
- Discover your authentic self
- Recognize negative patterns of behavior
- Step into your personal power
How Do Astrology Readings Work?
Astrology readings highlight the astrological energy that’s present in the unique placement of celestial bodies when you were born. Understanding the placement of the Moon and each of the planets at the time and location of your birth can add additional shades and tones to the picture of you, your personality, your decision-making tendencies and your patterns of behavior, as painted by your birth natal chart.
What to Expect Before, During and After a Professional Astrology Reading
Before an Astrology Reading: Astrologers will prepare for your reading by asking you to provide the date, time and location of your birth. They will view your chart ahead of time and be ready to provide you with insights, but you can also bring questions. Is there an area of your life you’ve been questioning (your career, your relationships, how to motivate yourself or why your last year has been so difficult)? Bring it to your session, as these all relate to elements of your chart.
During an Astrology Reading: A professional astrology reading will be a conversation, not a lecture. The practitioner will ask you questions and listen to your stories to get a sense of how the energies of your chart are manifesting in your everyday life. They may also help you formulate a plan to harness the energies in your chart to make small or widespread changes.
After an Astrology Reading: Be ready to take action! An astrologer can help you identify and understand aspects of your personality, tendencies and patterns based on your birth chart’s energies, but it’s up to you to implement changes in your life based on those insights. Astrology isn’t about predicting your future; it’s about giving you the power of choice to change your future.
How Can I Find the Best Astrologer for Me?
Personalized horoscope reading should be done by a professional astrologer. Things to look for in an astrologer:
- An astrologer should ask for your full birth info (date, time and location) before your session, as they’ll run your chart and examine it beforehand to understand you better. If they don’t, consider a different practitioner.
- Trust your vibe. If you don’t hit it off, that’s okay. To get a better sense before your session, ask to have a phone consultation.
- Do I need to get an astrology reading near me? You don’t! Because astrology is based on your birth natal chart reading, your unique, personalized reading can be done from anywhere.